Style File Rules
1) You are only allowed to upload avatars made on Subeta. No generated avatars (made on sites like Subeta HQ or Arvee or the "All Clothing on Subeta" wardrobe function), pictures, graphics, text, etc.
2) All avatars must be saved correctly or they will be deleted. This means there is no black or white backgrounds on them (unless it is caused by an actual wearable such as White Out and please be aware we can tell the difference) and that they are not out of focus/pixellated or cropped smaller or larger. The use of any editing program is not permitted. For help on saving avatars correctly, see here.
3) All avatar uploads must be exactly how you see them on the Subeta forums. This includes zombie bases, which cannot be saved with a human base to bypass the zombie skin.
4) All uploads/avatars are that person's property. Do not steal or copy their avatars. While copying is hard to prove at times, it will be noted and numerous offenses could result in action being taken.
5) You may automatically delete avatars UNDER one hour and OVER three months old with no need for admin approval. If attempting to delete an avatar between those times, you will be prompted to give a reason why you've requested deletion. These deletions are accepted and rejected on a case by case basis and you will NOT receive your slot back. Imperative rules regarding deletion include:
a) You may not do anything to evade the limitations of a basic Style File account. This means that you may not delete an old avatar so that you may upload another for the month.
b) You may not upload multiple versions of the same or similar avatar unless it has significant changes. This also means that you may not delete and reupload the same or similar avatars, upload work in progress avatars, or upload different versions of one avatar so that you may get feedback on which one is the best. This does not apply to avatars deleted under one hour. If you would like a critique on your avatar, you may post in the critiques forum, but this should be done BEFORE uploading the original if you intend to upload your revised version (i.e. only one can be uploaded).
c) Avatars may be “updated” if the changes are significant enough to be considered a different avatar. This is determined by the admins and/or moderators via deletion request. If you intend to revise an avatar, do NOT upload it before your previous one was deleted.
6) When commenting on avatars or posting in the forums, you must be civil and respectful of your fellow members. Posting and commenting etiquette includes the following:
a) Use constructive criticism.
b) Do not harass or spam fellow members.
c) Keep sexual references PG-13.
7) Your Style File account name must be the same as your Subeta name. This is to ensure you are who you say you are and to verify you only have one Style File account.
8) You may only have one Style File account. If you changed your username on Subeta you may contact any of the administrators to change your Style File account's name.
9) You MUST be 13 years of age or over to join Style File. By agreeing to this set of rules and entering the site, you signify that you are 13 years of age or older.
Generated avatars and avatars that do NOT appear as they do in the Subeta forums (ex: zombie avatars with a normal base) will be immediately deleted and will result in a warning. Three warnings result in a 7 day ban. The next warning will result in a permanent ban.
Incorrectly saved uploads will result in deletion. After the fifth offense, you will be officially warned. Three warnings will result in a one-month ban. If you then receive another warning for the same offense upon your return, you will be permanently frozen.
Non-avatar uploads will be deleted immediately and will result in either a temporary or permanent ban, depending on the content of the image.
Avatar stealing and/or copying will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. The avatar suspected of being copied MUST be reported by the creator of the “original”.
Evasion of basic account limitations, multiple uploads of the same or similar styles (or work in progress avatars) will result in a warning for the first offense. A second warning will result in a temporary ban and a third warning will result in a permanent account freezing.
Reuploading revised avatars without waiting for the previous avatar to be deleted will result in a warning. A third warning will result in a temporary ban and a fifth warning will result in a permanent account freezing.
Rude or inappropriate comments or posts will be judged by admins and moderators and deleted if necessary. If deletion is necessary, you will be warned. Three warnings will result in a one-month ban. If you then receive another warning for the same offense upon your return, you will be permanently frozen.
Harassment and spam will be judged by admins and moderators and will result in either a temporary or permanent ban, depending on the circumstances.
If you've requested deletion and it was denied (you'll receive a response from an admin or moderator via an onsite event) you're welcome to inquire about the deletion via PM to any mod or admin or attempt to re-delete it if you feel the judgment was unfair. Do not reupload the same avatar until your previous has been deleted.
Having multiple Style File accounts will result in all accounts being permanently banned and deleted.
If your Subeta username is different than your Style File username, you will be temporarily banned until you inquire to change it. You may contact an administrator via sMail.
How Warnings Are Given Out
If you've done something to receive a warning, you will receive the warning through our forums in a private message in your inbox and as an event on Style File itself.
There are two types of Style File accounts - Premium and Regular. Below is an individual explanation of each type of account:
Style File Premium
Premium accounts have unlimited access to Style File. Unlimited features include:
- Unlimited avatar uploads
- See which users are style stalking you
- Optional premium layouts (with customizable color themes)
- Beta testing for new features
- Discount at the Style File Custom Wearable shop on Subeta
- Premium medal to display under your "active" avatar
CHIC members have permanent Unlimited accounts as long as they remain a CHIC member.
Style File Regular
Regular accounts have limited access to Style File. Regular features include:
- 5 avatar uploads per month (does not rollover)
- Unlimited adoring
- See how many people are style stalking you
- Default layout
How to Upgrade
You can upgrade your account from Regular to Premium by purchasing a Premium account through Paypal - the option will show up on your "Mine" page.
You can also upgrade your account by becoming a CHIC member. You can only become a CHIC member by applying and being accepted into CHIC.
There will also be monthly contests for members who cannot afford to upgrade to receive the chance to win a One Month Premium account.