Re: Trends You Are Over

Postby Christopher » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:47 pm

Hipster avatars.
ALREADY.
Christopher
Administrator

Postby what » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:59 pm

putting moles/blush/freckles on the face.
I'm just tired of cluttering the face layer with these.
what

Postby Papercity » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:36 pm

Usually the items I find that are overused have just been released onto the site, so everyone wants to make HA's out of them. But after a while the craze seems to go away and I start to make HA's with those items too.

Though the two things lately that have started to bother me are two kinds of lips, the Sweet Lolita Cherry Lipgloss and the basic Lil' Pout. Not every HA looks great with a tiny mouth hanging open as if in a daze. And the lil' pout makes it look like you have a growth on your bottom lip or a bee stung you and you're now mad at the world.
Papercity

Postby Solidor » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:38 am

I'm sick of trout pouts being every where. Pouting can look nice on some avatars, but trout pouts don't. It just makes an avatar look like they are snarling at you through severely swollen lips. It's not attractive. There are other lips you can use that look better. :no: Sorry to anyone who likes them but it's very old. (I don't understand how people actually pay money to make their lips look like that anyways. :U)
Solidor

Postby Marceline » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:13 am

Pixiel wrote:putting moles/blush/freckles on the face.
I'm just tired of cluttering the face layer with these.

I strongly agree with this, along with the overuse of Sweet Lolita Cherry Lipgloss. Somehow I'm not a fan of it, because of its similarity to a tiny bird's beak? That just my eyes, probably. Also, bad eye layering, some look really good and creative, and some, look like they have a false eyelash dangling on their eyes.
Marceline

Postby beyonce » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:45 pm

i'm 80% sure this has been said before, but OMG please can we not add black to everything
i get that it's an easy color to use but it's such a terrible crutch that tends to take away from an otherwise nice avatar
beyonce
Premium Member

Postby Christopher » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:30 am

I'm really over the trend of people using a (often shee and/or CW) top, and just making a monchrome HA using sheers and matching hair. It's just become so overdone that unless there is some very clever layering going on it looks really tired.

Also mariachi ankle boots when there is almost no other black or very minimal amounts of it in an avatar. I get that they're cute and I love them but like there are other shoes that'd match and not look so out of place.
>:[
Christopher
Administrator

Postby Princess » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:15 am

PIXIE POWDER, or any other form of freckles for that matter. >< >< ><
I bought that one freckle CW (Ginger Paint, I think) a while back, and gods I abused it. Looking back at those avatars, I just can't stand to look at them anymore. Freckles look good with certain avatars, but a lot of the time I feel that people just throw them on there (like I did).

Selling the Ginger Paint I had was the best decision I ever made. :>
Princess
Junior Adminstrator

Postby Pseudonym » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:19 pm

Honestly? Backgrounds. I'd like to see just simple avatars more these days. And all the over-flowery, hippie, and/or goth stuff is just... blech. :<
It will be alright, have faith in yourself ~Medusa Gorgon

Pseudonym

Postby wavves » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:51 pm

I am extremely over the Plinkachu costume set paired with the cheek paint. Already sick and tired of seeing it. :[ I never liked it, and I'm glad Morostide is over so I don't have to see it.

I am also tired of seeing sheers, honestly.
wavves

PreviousNext

Return to Style & Trends