Trends You Are Over

Trends You Are Over

Postby Luxe » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:51 am

Let this inspire you to break old habits and move on to new trends!!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Donna Flats + Mariachi Ankle Boots: I think it's safe to say it's been done to death.
Kickin' it at the top because I'm too legit to quit, sang!
Luxe
Premium Member

Re: Trends You Are Over

Postby CHAMPION » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:34 am

Fairy lipgloss + small metal spheres. Or the Fairy Lipgloss all together. It doesn't match everything, and it's getting really old.

Oh and the whole Gradient effect is getting a bit old to me, everyone can do it by now, and sometimes when done, it looks like a piece of crap, tbh.
CHAMPION

Postby Nic » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:23 pm

Gradients, especially really poorly done gradients. It's rainbow vomit in another form, in my opinion, and it's getting old. Subtle gradients aren't so bad, but the current trend of lets do this gradient that is blatantly obvious just needs to die.
“Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing.”- Aristotle
Sexy GD Icon by Boogleloo
Nic
Senior Administrator

Postby Maja » Mon May 03, 2010 2:10 am

Minnow wrote:Fairy lipgloss + small metal spheres. Or the Fairy Lipgloss all together. It doesn't match everything, and it's getting really old.

Oh and the whole Gradient effect is getting a bit old to me, everyone can do it by now, and sometimes when done, it looks like a piece of crap, tbh.

I completely agree with this :)

And also the shoving of the Deluxe Tea Set under non-brown wigs :A WHY WHY WHY.
Maja
Premium Member

Postby Nic » Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 am

Tea Set Abuse definitely needs to stop, and so does this idea that you can stick any wig over hair of a similar but not matching color and it will work. New flash, not all browns are the same brown, not all blonds are the same blond.
“Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing.”- Aristotle
Sexy GD Icon by Boogleloo
Nic
Senior Administrator

Postby Obsessed » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:19 pm

Dublin wrote:Tea Set Abuse definitely needs to stop, and so does this idea that you can stick any wig over hair of a similar but not matching color and it will work. New flash, not all browns are the same brown, not all blonds are the same blond.

Exactly. The whole "hair layering" is not very pleasant looking. There is, yes some combos that DO look good together but others.. not so well. :aww:
Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.
Obsessed

Postby Mega » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:09 pm

I'm pretty over the cer hair. It's already faded but I was just so sick of looking at it for that long period of time for its reign. First it was semblance, then hime, and cer. And don't get me wrong! I've adored my share of cer hair avatar, but after it just started looking like a paper doll.
Mega
Premium Member

Postby MidnightShadow » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:51 am

FLAT HAIR.
Please stop.I have wanted to adore avatars before but can't bring myself to do it because the hair is either literally one solid color or the color difference between the shading, highlight, and base is so minor that it still looks flat. Please try to give your salon hair a little more depth and realism. :A
Don't stand there watching me, follow me, show me what you can do.

MidnightShadow
Site Coder

Postby Maja » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:24 pm

MidnightShadow wrote:FLAT HAIR.
Please stop.I have wanted to adore avatars before but can't bring myself to do it because the hair is either literally one solid color or the color difference between the shading, highlight, and base is so minor that it still looks flat. Please try to give your salon hair a little more depth and realism. :A

Oh my god THIS.

Also, I don't know how to call it, but - using a bright color for dark shading and the same (dark) color for the base and bright shading.

I don't see it that often but still :A :A :A :A :A :A

Go to the salon, you'll see what I mean.
Maja
Premium Member

Postby oki » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:07 pm

What do you mean by gradients? I mean, I know what a gradient IS, but how are people using it on HAs, and why is it annoying? D:
(So many things I didn't realize were trends, let alone old trends..)
oki

Next

Return to Style & Trends