So do I have to remake them all?

So do I have to remake them all?

Postby Harpie » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:36 am

I just found my way back here and I have always just saved my favorite HA's on my comp. When I uploaded them here yesterday, they are now gone. From what I can gather from other threads, the HA's themselves can only come directly from the url in your wardrobe. Is that correct?
So that means the HAs I have saved on my comp can't be used, right? Or well they can if I redo them all, correct?

EDIT:

I just realized I posed in the bug forums lol.. WAY TO PAY ATTENTION. So uhhh...it's not a bug right? :]
Harpie

Re: So do I have to remake them all?

Postby landriona » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:05 am

Not really a bug, no. This probably should have been an additional post on the Need Help? thread, in the General Discussion Forum.

However, most of your uploads were saved incorrectly. The appearance of "floating" meant that the images had been tampered with. There's a great tutorial on how to save all of your HAs, to get the desired transparent background. Unfortunately, if they don't save with the transparent background the first time, you can't use a program to fix them. You have to attempt to resave until it saves correctly.

You can also save your HA from your sidebar (not just in the wardrobe). Just make sure it saves as a .png file with a transparent background before uploading and you'll be fine. c:
landriona
Senior Administrator

Postby Harpie » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:10 am

Ok. I guess I'll just go an remake them. I didn't even think about it when I was saving and had just been saving them in paint all this time and they all have the giant white box. I ran them through gimp and made the background transparent but I guess it wasn't good enough. This ought to be interesting and time consuming haha. Thanks. C:
Harpie

Postby landriona » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:01 pm

You're more than welcome. C:
landriona
Senior Administrator

Return to Bug Reports