Monthly Top 5 Ribbons

Monthly Top 5 Ribbons

Postby Sin » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:19 am

Now that the Monthly Top 5 functions on a 30-day expiration basis instead of the actual months, I'm pretty sure the ribbons are supposed to be awarded to any av that achieves a spot in the top five? I noticed there wasn't one on my Solar av, which is nbd, but you might want to check on the coding for that function.
"Even after I'm dead, I will swim through the soil like a mermaid of the Earth, just to be next to your bones."
(Archipelago Of Kisses, Jeffrey McDaniel)
Sin
Premium Member

Re: Monthly Top 5 Ribbons

Postby Maja » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:43 pm

I've noticed that too. My HA that was in the monthly top 5 until September 27th never got its ribbon. It wasn't kicked off the top 5, it was there until the 30 days expired ;)
Maja
Premium Member

Postby Sin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:21 am

This still isn't working quite right, I don't think. When an av expires from the monthly 5 it's given a ribbon, but it still doesn't seem to work for avs that make top five and then are pushed out by another HA.
"Even after I'm dead, I will swim through the soil like a mermaid of the Earth, just to be next to your bones."
Sin
Premium Member

Postby jila » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:13 am

Sin wrote:This still isn't working quite right, I don't think. When an av expires from the monthly 5 it's given a ribbon, but it still doesn't seem to work for avs that make top five and then are pushed out by another HA.

monthly and weekly top 5 ribbons arent (and never were) supposed to be given out to avatars that get pushed off before expiring.
jila
Premium Member

Postby Sin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:43 pm

Really? My bad then. I thought weekly 5 did.

Not sure it makes sense that it works that way though. Imo, if an HA makes a top 5, it makes a top five. I don't see why later being out-adored should negate that.
Sin
Premium Member

Postby Jordan » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:56 pm

We'll take that into consideration and get back to you, Sin. The reason we do this is because some avatars can be on the top five for a day, an hour, or even minutes and then would earn the medal. We feel this current system allows the medals to be much more rare/unique.
Jordan
Premium Member

Return to Bug Reports