Musical Insperation... a monthly contest?

Musical Insperation... a monthly contest?

Postby Midnight » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:00 pm

I really, really like this contest. Anyway, I was wondering if this could be turned into a monthly contest? Like basically what made me think of this is a) Because like I said, I really really enjoyed this contest and b) Right now I am listening to KICK. ASS. mash-ups of songs on Youtube. And I was thinking every month we could have different categories? Like Romance, tragedy, comedy... mash-ups... *lol*

Orrr, if people would just show interest here? If the person who originally came up with the idea for Musical Insperation gave me permission, I would totally be prepared to organize/judge/fund it myself. <3
Icon by IAmShannon. Thank you! c:
Midnight
Premium Member

Re: Musical Insperation... a monthly contest?

Postby Luscious » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:53 pm

I'll consider making it monthly if it's popular enough. So, show your interest here peeps.
Luscious
Site Owner

Postby Mega » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:56 am

I'd personally love to see a different type of inspiration every month. like, one month be music. next month be a painting, month after that be a decade, also maybe a particular style of dance, etc etc?
Mega
Premium Member

Postby Midnight » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:23 pm

Mega, I was actually thinking that too! I remember a contest when I was in chic - Odd Insperation, where we used minions, etc. Maybe we could adopt that to stylefile, given permission. c:

FWIW, I've thought of a few possible ways: subeta items, paintings, music, maybe a certain feeling (happy, sad, etc), our own usernames (it would be difficult for people with a username such as bigboii1473 though :A), a celebrities' style, seasonal (when it applies), periods in history, the four elements, famous quotes, nationalities, favourite memory...

if anyone else can think of any, feel free to post xD
Icon by IAmShannon. Thank you! c:
Midnight
Premium Member

Postby Isabella » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:39 pm

More contests, YES PLEASE! I liked the music one not just for the inspiration, but I am now totally hooked on the song I picked. C: As long as there are enough prize funds, it would be fantastic to see monthly contests. And as the themes get varied, there would be so many different cute trophies! I don't have anything new to add in terms of brainstorming, but I am definitely showing interest. :P

And off-topic, but Night, I approve of your mash-up love. That's currently about 80% of what I listen to. :T
Isabella
Junior Adminstrator

Postby Valerie » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:50 pm

I love the idea of more contests like the Musical Inspiration. Even if there is just a medal for whoever wins, it's a lot of fun. I find it really challenges me more to follow contest rules as opposed to doing an avatar with no guidelines.
Valerie

Postby Constance » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:35 am

I missed the contest but it looked like so much fun C: C: C:
I think making it monthly with different themes would be awesome, although i don't know how many different themes we could come up with :U :U :U
Constance
Premium Member

Postby Christopher » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:24 pm

I missed it and it looked like a lot of fun.
I would def. do it if it was done monthly.
Christopher
Administrator

Return to Suggestions