Remove adored HAs

Re: Remove adored HAs

Postby ROBOT » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:48 pm

Haha linking to adores reminds me of the people with the fake images that go to their ToT links and whatnot. Most people find that annoying so I'm hoping SF users wouldn't resort to that. As long as it's a blatantly obvious link I don't see the harm though.

I've thought about being able to remove adores as well. However I agree that if you liked it enough to click on it at some point, the vote should be permanent. If the option to edit a style ever came about (which is very unlikely), then I think being able to unadore would be fair.
ROBOT
Senior Administrator

Postby Isabella » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:14 am

Ugh, I hated those ToT links. They're like those "You're the 1,000,000the visitor on our site! Click here to redeem your prize!" things on sketchy websites. :A

But yeah... I definitely am very impulsive and generous with my adores, but I'm more selective with WADYL because that takes a lot more effort. :P Still, unless you're one of the people with, like, 20 adores per HA, you don't want to see any of your very few adores slip away...
Isabella
Junior Adminstrator

Postby Luscious » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:08 pm

I think you all should just be more careful and selective. The ideas of takebacks does not fit with my ideal of the site. I'm only considering a verification note because of the possibly of direct-linking.
Luscious
Site Owner

Postby MidnightShadow » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:23 pm

I agree with Erika. :yes: Just be more careful if you find you're often regretting adoring someone! :)
Don't stand there watching me, follow me, show me what you can do.

MidnightShadow
Site Coder

Postby college » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:20 am

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this as of yet, but what about adored styles that you have simply fallen out of love with? Over time, personal style and likings change. Something that you thought was really beautiful and that you really liked, *ahem* adored, may not be so wonderful to you after a while.

It isn't fair to users to have avatars taking up space in there adored file that they don't actually adore anymore.
college

Postby Sin » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:31 am

That has been mentioned before, but I still agree with the people saying that taking back adores would be unfair to the users who were adored. It would be a feature more likely to be abused than it would to be beneficial to people.

Also, it helps maintain respect for older and eventually outdated styles, which is something I like about permanent adores. HA making style changes enough over time that it's interesting to be able to look back and watch the changes in peoples preference. I was actually having this discussion with a few people the other night, so I know there are people who disagree, but I think there's still something worth respecting in "outdated" HAs that were once wildly popular and the height of Subetan fashion, even if the style isn't entirely relevant to current trends anymore.

TL;DR - Unlike art favoriting on DA, HA adoring is generally very trend-based. Good art doesn't go out of style like formerly good fashion does.
"Even after I'm dead, I will swim through the soil like a mermaid of the Earth, just to be next to your bones."
(Archipelago Of Kisses, Jeffrey McDaniel)
Sin
Premium Member

Postby college » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:21 am

While I understand your argument Sin, I still think adores should be able to be "taken back". As you said, over time, style and preferences change. I don't think it is fair to the adored or the one giving adores that they are permanent, it doesn't always reflect a true liking of the avatar.

Basically, the user who designed the avatar could go on forever thinking 60 people like, adore, their avatar when really only 35 currently do. The others that no longer like the avatar cannot reverse the adore, making it unfair to both parties.

We can "un"Style Stalk when we decide we no longer care for or want to follow a certain person, why not adore either?

As far as I know, users can't tell when they are being style stalked, so basically we are working with a case of "will this hurt your feelings".
college

Postby Alyx » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:12 pm

Then what about an option for sorting your "Adored" by the date upon which you adored it? Along with avoiding the "cluttered up" viewing of Adored HAs, it would be interesting to view your own "adoring trends" over time: What was I "loving" in November 09? What trend was I salivating over in the Spring of 2010? Wow, I was completely obsessed with _______ during the first quarter of the year!

I think that would address both sides of the issue: the desire to keep adores permanent, and the desire to "clean up" your Adored views.
Alyx

Postby Nic » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:57 am

Alyx wrote:Then what about an option for sorting your "Adored" by the date upon which you adored it? Along with avoiding the "cluttered up" viewing of Adored HAs, it would be interesting to view your own "adoring trends" over time: What was I "loving" in November 09? What trend was I salivating over in the Spring of 2010? Wow, I was completely obsessed with _______ during the first quarter of the year!

I think that would address both sides of the issue: the desire to keep adores permanent, and the desire to "clean up" your Adored views.

I love this idea!
I've got several pages of adored styles and it's a mess.
“Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing.”- Aristotle
Sexy GD Icon by Boogleloo
Nic
Senior Administrator

Postby Sin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:33 pm

I very much like Alyx's idea as well.
"Even after I'm dead, I will swim through the soil like a mermaid of the Earth, just to be next to your bones."
(Archipelago Of Kisses, Jeffrey McDaniel)
Sin
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions