Remove adored HAs

Remove adored HAs

Postby Maiden » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:28 am

May I suggest to have the option to take back your "adore"? I think it would be useful for basic accounts, since they have a monthly limit of 25 adores. Sometimes you suddenly feel the HA you adored previously isn't actually so deserving of that adore. =<
Maiden

Re: Remove adored HAs

Postby Delicacy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:12 pm

I'm not so sure I like this idea. You just have to be careful and make sure the HA you are adoring really deserves it. I don't think its fair to take the adore back. Its not their fault if you've not thought about it carefully. :/
Avatar by Boogleloo | Signature by Abby | My Tumblr
Delicacy

Postby Isabella » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:38 pm

While I've definitely accidentally clicked "adore" before just out of carelessness, I don't think this would go over so well because no one wants to see in their alerts that "[someone] has unadored [your HA]." Plus, part of what you get from paying for membership if you're not in CHIC is more adores to give out, and that would make paying not as desirable. (Not that that would be bad for non-CHIC SF members, but you know...)
Isabella
Junior Adminstrator

Postby Justin » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:54 pm

Right now we're discussing the issue of adores, so we'll be sure to consider this as an option as well. :)
Justin
Premium Member

Postby Roxy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:10 pm

Well, the only thing I want to add to this is that people could directly link to "adore" themselves when they use banners or whatnot in their signatures. So, if you click on them to link through, you are "accidentally" adoring them when you really didn't mean to. I can see how that would promote some sort of competition to be in the fab five. Just something to consider while you are discussing this.

[edit]
I mean, if you did this it doesn't need to be all harsh with an event to the avatar owner. It can be done quietly since I know CHIC is all about the warm/fuzzies. :D
Roxy

Postby Luscious » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:36 pm

To be quite honest, I think you're assuming the worst of the users. Sure, I'll consider everything to avoid potential problems from everyone on the site, but Style File will not change in regards to the "warm and fuzzies" as you call them. :D
Luscious
Site Owner

Postby Roxy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:02 pm

Nothing wrong with warm/fuzzies! I just know that even I would do it if there were some sort of contest to save me some money on an unlimited acct. :)
Roxy

Postby old_Ophelia » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:39 pm

This is something I've thought about a lot, too, because I adore really generously/impulsively and sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be nice to really reconsider which avatars in my vast collection of adores would truly coax from me the energy to go to WADYL.

But yeah, it just seems so depressing to get a notification about it. As long as there wasn't a notification, or we had a preferences option to turn it off, it's something I'd like the admins to at least consider.
old_Ophelia
Premium Member

Postby Sin » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:05 pm

I adore really impulsively/generously as well, but I don't think adores should be retractable. Yes, looking back on HAs, your opinion may change, but I think there's more potential for the ability to remove adores to be abused than there is of people abusing an inability to adore.

If anything, I do think there should be a reportable/punishable rule against direct linking to adores. :x
"Even after I'm dead, I will swim through the soil like a mermaid of the Earth, just to be next to your bones."
(Archipelago Of Kisses, Jeffrey McDaniel)
Sin
Premium Member

Postby Delicacy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:34 pm

Sin wrote:If anything, I do think there should be a reportable/punishable rule against direct linking to adores. :x

This. I definitely would want to see this taken into action vs allowing retractable adores.
Avatar by Boogleloo | Signature by Abby | My Tumblr
Delicacy

Next

Return to Suggestions