Style File Feedback

Re: Style File Feedback

Postby jila » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:26 pm

oh, and is it possible to add coding to your descriptions (html or bbcode)? i wanted to add a little image to one of my descriptions, but i wasnt sure if it would work. and i couldnt test it out because i cant actually see what it looks like to everyone else D:
jila
Premium Member

Postby Sin » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:36 pm

You can't use paragraphs when commenting, which probably isn't an issue to most people, BUT I AM RAMBLER EXTRAORDINDAIRE. So, I'm actually having to shorten my comments to people for fear of assaulting them with an illegible wall-o-text. While I try to censor my rambling in general conversation, I don't imagine people would object to me basically writing essays about why I fangirl their HA skills, rofl. :P

OH. I also accidentally deleted one of my avs earlier, which was sad cause I lost some really sweet comments and such. Could a confirmation box possibly be added to the delete option? You'd think it wouldn't be a problem, but I'm provin' that theory wrong.
"Even after I'm dead, I will swim through the soil like a mermaid of the Earth, just to be next to your bones."
(Archipelago Of Kisses, Jeffrey McDaniel)
Sin
Premium Member

Postby Jordan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:58 pm

I think that there should be an option to see a random HA uploaded. There is already 30+ pages of HAs on the site and thats with JUST the cult. It's going to get crazy and I think if we were able to see a random HA and say "Skip" to the next HA as an option we would be able to see more of a variety of HAs. I am really lazy and I dont have time to look through 30+ pages much less 100s.
Jordan
Premium Member

Postby Isabella » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:45 am

Also, how about a status symbol or something, like "Fab Five" if your HA has ever been in the "top rated" section?
Isabella
Junior Adminstrator

Postby Exquisite » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:58 pm

Belladonna wrote:Also, how about a status symbol or something, like "Fab Five" if your HA has ever been in the "top rated" section?

I think this would be awesome, but i would wonder if the top five would rotate enough for it to be achievable, or if the top five would remain stagnant for weeks or months because new people just keep adoring the same avatars over and over.

Another point- i wish that the "tags" section was more like a search function. Like you could search a specific term and see all the avatars that are tagged under that word. Like say if i'm working with an odd colored item and get stuck on picking what to do with the feet- i could search the item name or a term, and all the avatars that have been tagged with that item or term pop up.
Exquisite

Postby Delicacy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:13 pm

Exquisite wrote:Another point- i wish that the "tags" section was more like a search function. Like you could search a specific term and see all the avatars that are tagged under that word. Like say if i'm working with an odd colored item and get stuck on picking what to do with the feet- i could search the item name or a term, and all the avatars that have been tagged with that item or term pop up.

You can already do this! C: If you click on 'Tags' up near the right hand corner, it'll take you to the tag cloud of all the tags people have used thus far. Just find which term you need, click it, and it'll bring up all the HAs that use that specific tag. ;)
http://www.subetachic.com/style_file.php?page=tags
Avatar by Boogleloo | Signature by Abby | My Tumblr
Delicacy

Postby Luscious » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:28 pm

Thank for the input so far. Our coder only works on weekends so you'll see progress being made then on your suggestions. Most of them will be implemented.

-Currently it's not relevant since everything posted is new, but in the future I'd be psyched to see different breakdowns of the "Fab 5." If it were possible, something like daily/weekly/monthly top favorites would be nice to see, just because it would keep things fresh.

Fab 5 WILL remain the top 5 EVER. That's it purpose.

However, there IS a weekly TOP 3 on the main page.

And there will be viewable monthly archives archived by popularity.
Luscious
Site Owner

Postby Baby » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:21 pm

Looks like everyone's already gotten to mentioning the 2 things I would add; the being able to see who "adored" our HA's and having our favorites all accessible in the same place.

I'd like to say I think the profiles idea was really good- I'd love to see that in action c:

Other than that I think the whole idea and layout is fabulous, thank you so much for putting this together! <3
OH and - I also support Belladonna's Fab Five status symbol idea.
Baby

Postby Isabella » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:37 pm

Maybe there can be some kind of news feed to show what avatars are getting voted for or commented on, because I feel that an HA gets attention right after getting uploaded and then fades into obscurity... Like, it's hard to bring back an HA that may be very good but initially overlooked.
Isabella
Junior Adminstrator

Postby ROBOT » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:39 pm

I really like the idea of having a "random style" function. Either on the main page, or a completely different page where we can click to adore or skip to the next random style. :D
ROBOT
Senior Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions