Style File Feedback

Style File Feedback

Postby Luscious » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:39 pm

Please post feedback, glitches, or bugs on Style File here.
Luscious
Site Owner

Re: Style File Feedback

Postby Isabella » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:26 pm

Oh, wow, this looks amazing! Such a great idea! (Er, yeah, this is more "feedback" than "glitches and bugs;" sorry if it should be under the news post and not in suggestions) :B I'm going to play around with it when I'm not writing a paper at 2am, but so far, I like it.. THANK YOU! <3
Isabella
Junior Adminstrator

Postby old_Ophelia » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:45 pm

How wonderful! I've just stayed up far too late playing with this.

One thing I would really like is if there was an option to look through all the "styles we've adored" -- à la Deviantart favorites section. It might also be nice to have the ability to view our own avatars as a guest, rather than constantly in edit mode.
OH AND I'd love to be able to see who "adored" my avatars. :T

OH AND ALSO: I think it might be useful to note helpful tags, especially from a "once this is open to the public" perspective: e.g. "no GA," "CHIC application," and tags based on the use of certain key items...
old_Ophelia
Premium Member

Postby nouveau » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:23 am

It might also be nice to have the ability to view our own avatars as a guest, rather than constantly in edit mode.

We can! Just hit search and search for your own name. :)
nouveau
Premium Member

Postby Sin » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:26 am

LOVE THIS SO HARD. JSYK.

I think it would be nice if when viewing our uploads or a specific user's collection of avatars for them to automatically sort newest to oldest instead of oldest to newest. I know you can sort your uploads that way if you click the "Date (new to old)" option, but it reverts back to old to new once you navigate away.

I agree with all of Ophelia's suggestions too. C:

I've been clicking around, mass uploading and exploring everything I can find and can't find any glitches though, so YAY. :boogie:
"Even after I'm dead, I will swim through the soil like a mermaid of the Earth, just to be next to your bones."
(Archipelago Of Kisses, Jeffrey McDaniel)
Sin
Premium Member

Postby Nic » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:42 am

Well my productivity just went from moderate to way below average. I love the little notification that pops up when there is an adoration or comment.

I haven't found any glitches as of yet, and I have done mass uploading twice. I've also edited several of my styles and changed tags.

I agree with Ophelia's suggestions and was also thinking it might be nice to be able to perhaps select an existing tag, like Chic Application or no GA, and add your style under it.
“Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing.”- Aristotle
Sexy GD Icon by Boogleloo
Nic
Senior Administrator

Postby ROBOT » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:08 am

Just for the record I LOVE THIS and it's going to be a hit <3

My thoughts;
-Would love to be able to see who adores each style. Maybe it could be listed on the style like the tags are. If you don't want people to see which styles you've adored, then you could change it in the preferences.
-The heart could be changed to a graphic to make it more appealing.. just something cute and simple like the Colorlovers heart.
-I think it would be nice to be able to create/edit a public profile which shows my own top 5, my 5 recent favorites, maybe a custom avatar/photo, etc.
ROBOT
Senior Administrator

Postby Sin » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:34 am

-I would love to be able to view "popular" avs chronologically in order of most recently adored.

-Also, if there were a way to sort by most recently commented or something like that, then that would be brill too. I like reading the comments, even if they're not on my avs.

-Currently it's not relevant since everything posted is new, but in the future I'd be psyched to see different breakdowns of the "Fab 5." If it were possible, something like daily/weekly/monthly top favorites would be nice to see, just because it would keep things fresh.
"Even after I'm dead, I will swim through the soil like a mermaid of the Earth, just to be next to your bones."
(Archipelago Of Kisses, Jeffrey McDaniel)
Sin
Premium Member

Postby jila » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:11 am

ROBOT wrote:I think it would be nice to be able to create/edit a public profile which shows my own top 5, my 5 recent favorites, maybe a custom avatar/photo, etc.

i love this idea. maybe like, if you could go to someones profile, and have an option to sort their avatars by the most popular, or most recent fav/comment. kind of like how the subeta wishlists are now.
jila
Premium Member

Postby Isabella » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:01 pm

Definitely agree with what's been mentioned, especially knowing who "adored" our HAs, and being able to see our favorites in one place.

Also, very minor thing, but using apostrophes in titles doesn't work.

Oh, and while this may be off-topic to the point of Style File, but since I know people like to get art commissioned of their HAs, what about making an art gallery section, where you can link art you have of an HA from that HA's page or whatever?
Isabella
Junior Adminstrator

Next

Return to Suggestions