Generated Avatars

Re: Generated Avatars

Postby Sin » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:02 pm

I'd rather not see generated avatars on Style File. If someone doesn't think an avatar is good enough to actually wear or doesn't think it's worth the effort to buy/borrow the items to wear it, then honestly, maybe it's not worth posting.

To me, Style File is about people's actual style and the HAs they wear - not a place for them to show off "dream avatars" or spam-post mass quantities of HAs they wouldn't even wear on Subeta, just in hopes of getting more adores and/or comments.

Sorry, but imho, generated avatars on SF = spam. :x I know there's really no way to verify if an av is generated or not, but I just don't see the point of posting avatars you've never actually used.
"Even after I'm dead, I will swim through the soil like a mermaid of the Earth, just to be next to your bones."
(Archipelago Of Kisses, Jeffrey McDaniel)
Sin
Premium Member

Postby beyonce » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:48 am

I have to agree with everyone saying generated HAs = spam.
Style File, as has been said before, is a place for us to OOOH and AAAAH about outfits people have actually worn on Subeta.

There's a difference between posting an avatar you had to borrow an item or two for before wearing and posting one you've never worn.

So I'm with the nays on this. D:
beyonce
Premium Member

Postby old_Ophelia » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:16 am

I think ultimately I'm glad to see that we're not really up for having generated avs on SF, since it's not really in keeping with the spirit of the site.

That being said, there are quite a few avatars I've made for contests that I would love to wear, but simply don't have the budget... and past a certain point in borrowing items, I don't like to ask. :x Hence, SF seemed like the next best thing in terms of showing them off.
old_Ophelia
Premium Member

Postby kurloz » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:21 am

I just saw Erika denying someone becoming a beta tester because she wouldn't allow generated HAs, so I guess that clears it up?

Anyhow, I'd prefer style file without generated HAs as well, because of reasons already mentioned. It'd be kinda too easy to just generate HAs and put them on display. Saving up for and buying the wearables is half the job.
kurloz

Postby old_Ophelia » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:20 pm

I don't know if I just failed to notice it before my most recent post or whatever, but it's official: the most recent Style File news post states that no generated avatars are allowed.

:I
old_Ophelia
Premium Member

Postby Maja » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:36 am

I'm not fond of them either. I like seeing what people can do with items they already have and, like some of you said, HAs I saw them wear on Subeta.
Maja
Premium Member

Postby Groove » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:32 pm

i do not feel it is ok to use a generated avatar because i feel people should display avatars that they made with the items they earned.

i only put avatars on this site that i have constructed with items i have worked for .
Groove

Postby CHAMPION » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:39 pm

I'm afraid people will think my avatars are generated, because once I do create an avatar I like on a generator, I go out and buy the items, wear it for a second, to make sure I have everything, then go back to my original avatar for as long as I'm not tired for it. xD Then I rotate to one of those avatars. P: I keep everything in my wardrobe (unless I accidentally sold it.) in case I do get questioned. x)
CHAMPION

Previous

Return to General Discussion