How are you tagging/categorizing?

Re: How are you tagging/categorizing?

Postby Luxe » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:11 am

The problem I have with tagging with specific item names is that maybe someone wants to match the Rainyday Verdure Anklet, but my avatar is tagged with the barrette or the belt, but in terms of matching, it's the same thing! So the person searching the tag for that specific item will never come up with my avatar and miss out on a lot of matches. That's why I've been sticking with set terms instead of specific items. Rainyday Verdure will bring up a broader range of matches, imo.
Kickin' it at the top because I'm too legit to quit, sang!
Luxe
Premium Member

Postby LazyKat » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:40 am

By set, common theme, colours, texture/pattern, hair, eyes, salon if I used it, no GA/GA. And finally, I throw in the item names. After that I just add whatever else comes to mind when it comes to mind. It's a lot of tags, and I see a lot of people that don't tag at all, but I figure as the archives grow it will be fun to see what some people do with the same item (since I do know a couple others that tag with full item names).
LazyKat

Postby old_Ophelia » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:55 am

Luxe wrote:The problem I have with tagging with specific item names is that maybe someone wants to match the Rainyday Verdure Anklet, but my avatar is tagged with the barrette or the belt, but in terms of matching, it's the same thing! So the person searching the tag for that specific item will never come up with my avatar and miss out on a lot of matches. That's why I've been sticking with set terms instead of specific items. Rainyday Verdure will bring up a broader range of matches, imo.

Ah, yes, which is why I try to tag with a set name if it's appropriate. But I do think that the fact that the search brings up all the options that include your search term makes up for this.
old_Ophelia
Premium Member

Postby dyl4n » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:36 am

Tbh I'm realllyyy lazy when it comes to this sort of stuff.
So I usually just tag anything that comes to my mind at the time. I usually tag the hairstyle, the colours, some of the more notable items worn and adjectives/descriptions which I deem appropriate. C:
Sometimes though I really cbf and don't tag at all. /naughty
dyl4n
Premium Member

Postby Maja » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:32 am

I tag by GA/non GA, wig, shoes and the item that inspired me to make the HA.
If there's a unusual item on it, I tag it as well :)
Maja
Premium Member

Postby Masquerade » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:45 am

I tag by colour, then expensive items like costume trunk I'll say Donna, or Flashback, Flashback Material Girl so it narrows it down a tad for those who want more specifically male or female items. Add in hairstyle or wig w/e applies, then any types of material such as lace, sheer etc. It's starting to get a little bit complicated but I'd prefer I help people out then let my styles sit there and never give anyone inspiration!
Masquerade

Postby Isabella » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:01 pm

I've taken to tagging by color, major sets used, "style" (girly, cute, punk, angry, etc... it's pretty subjective. :P ) and then random words. But I will try to phrase things a bunch of different ways to cover all my bases. Like, lately I've been using the Backup Dirk a lot, so I tag it as "dirk, knife, weapon, angry, violent" (And "I like knives," because I just made that category for the lulz. :) )
Isabella
Junior Adminstrator

Postby kurloz » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:45 am

My tag amount has been really increasing lately. xD I should edit some of my earlier uploaded HAs to add the newer tags I'm using. I tag by color, patterns, fabrics, sometimes specific items, designer lines (like SBQ lines but also MCT lines) and..that's about it. I forget a lot of tags while I upload HAs and go and add a shitload more tags later on. xD
kurloz

Postby Sin » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:19 pm

Luxe wrote:The problem I have with tagging with specific item names is that maybe someone wants to match the Rainyday Verdure Anklet, but my avatar is tagged with the barrette or the belt, but in terms of matching, it's the same thing! So the person searching the tag for that specific item will never come up with my avatar and miss out on a lot of matches. That's why I've been sticking with set terms instead of specific items. Rainyday Verdure will bring up a broader range of matches, imo.

That's an interesting point, I hadn't really thought of it that way.

I tag full item names because if I'm searching an item it's not because of color matching, but because I'm interested in how they're layering it. Usually I'm checking out items that are awkward/difficult to use (proportions, old artwork, patterns, etc), but sometimes just whatever I can randomly find tagged to see how people are using it. I just like the idea of being able to search any item and see a line-up of HAs and how differently the same item can be used.

Maybe I'll have to start tagging set names too. Obviously I don't tag enough already. 8D
"Even after I'm dead, I will swim through the soil like a mermaid of the Earth, just to be next to your bones."
(Archipelago Of Kisses, Jeffrey McDaniel)
Sin
Premium Member

Postby college » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:45 pm

I tag by items. I include every item used on the avatar because I wish everyone else did. XD I like to search Style File avatars by item to see how people used it differently.
college

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion