Need Help? Confused? Post here.

Re: Need Help? Confused? Post here.

Postby Nic » Sun May 02, 2010 2:49 pm

Cyber wrote:Am I allowed to upload a outfit I made but don't own the items for?

No, that would be a generated HA, which is not allowed.
“Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing.”- Aristotle
Sexy GD Icon by Boogleloo
Nic
Senior Administrator

Postby Cyber » Sun May 02, 2010 3:55 pm

Mmm, ok. Thanks.
Cyber

Postby Incuse » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:28 am

I seem to be having some difficulty with my posting of Avatars. n___n" As you can most likely tell, I'm new to this site.
I attempted to follow the uploading guide provided on the site. There was a minor issue that seems odd to me. When I went to my wardrobe, and tried to save the image at the home section, I couldn't change the file type from Bitmap (.bmp) It is the only option I receive and that's a problem because it saves with a black background instead of the needed invisible one. How can I get it to save to PNG then? I'm sorry to ask such a noob question, but I would like to be able to upload my avatars. :S Thanks in advance.
Incuse

Postby Maja » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:00 pm

Have you tried manually putting in ".png" after the name, like avatar.png, and the setting the drop-down menu to "All Files" instead of bmp? c:
Maja
Premium Member

Postby Incuse » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:37 am

Maja wrote:Have you tried manually putting in ".png" after the name, like avatar.png, and the setting the drop-down menu to "All Files" instead of bmp? c:

You see, that's the problem. :[ It won't let me change it to anything BUT Bitmap. There isn't any other option. I tried to save it manually as PNG by adding the .png while still having it selected as Bitmap, but no luck. I think I will get the black background no matter what because it's only recognized as .bmp. I took a screenshot illustrating the problem. I really have a feeling I'm going to have a facepalm when someone tells me the most simple way to solve this, :S but for now I'm lost. Thanks in advance.
Incuse

Postby Nic » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:47 am

I actually have a simple solution. I upload my HAs by going to the HA displayed outside the wardrobe, right clicking and saving it from there, where it automatically saves as a png.
“Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing.”- Aristotle
Sexy GD Icon by Boogleloo
Nic
Senior Administrator

Postby Valerie » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:39 pm

Dublin wrote:I actually have a simple solution. I upload my HAs by going to the HA displayed outside the wardrobe, right clicking and saving it from there, where it automatically saves as a png.

I do this as well. In your sidebar on the left hand side, save that one. It is saved as a PNG with a transparent background, perfect for SF viewing.
Valerie

Postby Incuse » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:38 am

FPP wrote:
Dublin wrote:I actually have a simple solution. I upload my HAs by going to the HA displayed outside the wardrobe, right clicking and saving it from there, where it automatically saves as a png.

I do this as well. In your sidebar on the left hand side, save that one. It is saved as a PNG with a transparent background, perfect for SF viewing.

Thank you veryyy much. C: I had to go save it on the forums to get it to save in PNG, but it worked! (I had tried the sidebar already and the same thing had happened with only letting me save in Bitmap) I am very grateful that I can -finally- upload some avatars here. xD Thank you very much for putting up with my cluelessness. n___n"
Incuse

Postby Valerie » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:34 pm

I think I'm missing something.

I'm looking to upgrade to a Premium membership but I don't know how I would do this!
Valerie

Postby jila » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:39 pm

FPP wrote:I think I'm missing something.

I'm looking to upgrade to a Premium membership but I don't know how I would do this!

not sure if you already read this in the rules page

You can upgrade your account from Basic to Unlimited by purchasing an Unlimited account through Paypal - the option will show up on your "Mine" page.
jila
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion