[CONTEST] Style File: Artistic Inspiration

[CONTEST] Style File: Artistic Inspiration

Postby Luscious » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:10 pm

Most avatars are made around a specific item, color combination, or maybe even a specific clothing combination. This contest is based on something a little different. Style File's second user event is going to be based on a little something called inspiration.

“Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has ever known.”

Click on the images below for a larger picture:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

So here is what we have for you. Above are seven different works of art. Study them, and hopefully one will stand out to you. Let the brush strokes inspire your creativity. Let the meaning behind the art guide you. You are to create one human avatar on Subeta based on one of these works of art and then upload it onto Style File.

You don't get off that easy. How did the work of art you chose inspire you to make this avatar? You must answer this question in the description of your uploaded avatar. Any avatar that does not include an answer in the description will be disqualified.

You must also include the tag "sfArt" in its Style File tags. This makes it easier for us to find the entries and enter you into the contest. Any avatar that does not include this in their tags will be disqualified.

All avatars that meet the aforementioned criteria and are "accepted" will be entered into a raffle and five winners will be chosen at random!

The winners will receive a One Month Premium Subscription on Style File, a 250 Credit Gift Card on Subeta, and a special new Style File medal that will be displayed underneath their winning avatar. The winner's Premium Subscription can be used for themselves or passed on to another user of their choice, but do be sure to Private Message any Admin if you want to gift your winnings.
Image Image
ImageImageImage

As with most contests, there are rules you must follow in order to be eligible to win these fabulous prizes.

1.) No generated avatars. Avatars must be uploaded to Style File and as such must follow our normal rules. No exceptions.

2.) Include the aforementioned contest tag. If your entry does not include the contest tag (sfArt) then your entry will not be entered into the event. This makes it easier for us to go through each of the avatars.

3.) Your art choice must be out of the 7 pre-selected options. We have provided 7 different works of art for you to choose from. Any entry using a work of art we have not pre-specified will be immediately declined and you will not be notified that your entry has been declined.

4.) Only one entry per user please. Any other entries made for fun after the initial one will not be counted towards the raffle and will have its tag removed.

5.) Have fun! This is meant to be a fun, non-competitive event for the community to come together and have fun dressing similarly with your peers following a pre-defined theme. Please no trash-talking your peers!

Submit your entries by Thursday, February 10th at 11:59 PM Subeta time.
Luscious
Site Owner

Re: [CONTEST] Style File: Artistic Inspiration

Postby jila » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:28 pm

it looks like you were afk when i messaged you, but if you still need anymore, i have a few possible choices (couldnt decide on one because im incredibly indecisive :A )

-1-
-2-
-3-
-4-
jila
Premium Member

Postby Jordan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:48 pm

Jila I quite like this one! The first one is nice too... I don't think we need 8 choices though, I would probably say 6 for this.
Jordan
Premium Member

Postby Luscious » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:36 pm

LOL jila! My second one is actually by CRG (same artist as your first).
Luscious
Site Owner

Return to Announcements