Fun, NEW Style File Features and Updates!

Fun, NEW Style File Features and Updates!

Postby Jordan » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:14 pm

Our BIGGEST update yet!

The Style File staff is pleased to announce a handful of updates to our site tonight! If you're reading this, you've likely already seen the revamped layout for Style File. This new layout was created in order to bring a fresh and different experience for users to enjoy while browsing Style File. Our new layout brings with it a few changes - namely, a random avatar being featured on the front page and a theme switcher that can be used by selecting your color choice on the bottom right of the front page. The All-Time Fab 5 has also been permanently removed as previously mentioned.

Our new layout is available for all users to "test" for today, but on Thursday you will need to purchase a Premium subscription in order to continue using the new site layout. Premium users, don't fret! If you prefer the old layout you have the option to switch back at any time and continue your normal browsing.

We have also added a small change to the way our Monthly Top 5 works. In order to avoid the previous wave of uploads we would get on the first of each month, we will be changing the Monthly Fab 5 to a rolling design; similar to how the Weekly Top 5 currently works. The Monthly Top 5 will simply be a longer duration while also allowing it to change more often with avatars reaching their 30 day expiration at different times. This should bring a more unique group of avatars to the front page for longer and give people a better opportunity to end up on the Monthly Top 5.

As if the layout and Monthly Top 5 changes weren't enough, we're also announcing our very first Style File contest! Style File: Musical Inspiration starts today! Head on over to the contest forum for all of the information, rules, and how to participate!

Style File is changing! We would love to hear your feedback on all the changes we've made for you so don't hesitate to share with us on this thread! You're also welcome to join us on the forums for daily fashion discussion with your fellow Subetan Fashionistas!

Note: Basic account holders will no longer be able to access the new layout on Thursday morning, and Premium account holders will be able to change their layout back to the basic theme if they'd like at that time as well.
Jordan
Premium Member

Re: Fun, NEW Style File Features and Updates!

Postby Christopher » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:45 pm

The new layout is wonderfully well done, so props to whoever did that.
Christopher
Administrator

Postby Luscious » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:53 pm

That would be the amazing peach aka Caralalala. With coding by the super duper grelca aka Grace!

>:O >:O >:O >:O >:O
Luscious
Site Owner

Postby Pinto » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:58 am

oh my gosh, this is an awesome update! it looks so snazzy-one teency minor thing though, on the upload page, the yellow text is impossible for me to read on the gray background unless i highlight it xC

but that is the only thing. everything else is just wonderful<3
Pinto

Postby Maja » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:04 pm

Pinto wrote:oh my gosh, this is an awesome update! it looks so snazzy-one teency minor thing though, on the upload page, the yellow text is impossible for me to read on the gray background unless i highlight it xC

but that is the only thing. everything else is just wonderful<3

You can change the text by changing the theme c:

Just click on the Image Image Image etc. buttons at the bottom of the page!
Maja
Premium Member

Postby Jordan » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:07 pm

@Pinto I'll look into fixing this! We anticipated some small coloring problems like this! Sorry we didn't notice this one sooner (It's hard to check all of these themes colors on every background that we have on the site. ;) )
Jordan
Premium Member

Postby Pinto » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:07 pm

maja- oh my gosh!
what a cool thingy! thanks for letting me know~ is so neat :A

peach-is no problem, i just thought i'd point it out~ it really does look wicked though. it's so....flashy :3 you did an awesome job~
Pinto

Postby Perks » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:11 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE The changes.
The layout is nice, especially the little clicky box to change the scheme!

The medals are a nice touch too. it gives that extra little achievement to us HA makers :)

And the contest I love the idea!
Perks

Postby Christopher » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:13 pm

Uh, this is something I just noticed on the old layout.

A lot of the entry boxes and form submission buttons have a dark grey background, similar to the ones on the new layout. Was this intentional?
Christopher
Administrator

Return to Announcements