Style File Award System!

Style File Award System!

Postby Jordan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:40 pm

We are pleased to announce our newest update to Style File! Avatar medals will be given out from this point on. This is the first of a few big additions upcoming on Style File! Users will earn medals based on different achievements that will be displayed on their avatar's page. The first of these medals to be released are the Weekly, Monthly and Fab 5 (Beta and post-Beta) Awards. Weekly medals will not be retroactive. These medals will be awarded at the end of each avatar's term.

Image Image Image Image

The award system will be a fun new change for Style File and also help users set goals for each avatar they upload and slowly see themselves improve with each avatar that earns an award! If you have an idea for an award please feel free to make a suggestion in our Suggestion Forum!

With the release of these awards we would also like to recognize the Fab 5 as it will be retiring with our new system. The Fab 5 placeholders will earn a unique and prestigious Gold Crown to be displayed on their avatar's pages and the Beta Fab 5 will earn a Gold Ribbon. This will be the only time the Fab 5 medal will be awarded. Congrats to the people who have earned it!

Image Image Image
Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image

You will still be able to see these and other popular avatars in the Popular tab.
Jordan
Premium Member

Re: Style File Award System!

Postby Midnight » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:20 am

How do you earn these achievements? I'm really not 100% clear. I assumed that it was just from being in the top 5 week/month/ever, but I've noticed that some avatars that were/are there haven't got these little achievements? Does an avatar have to stay in the top monthly for example, all month, or does it get a ribbon just for reaching it, no matter how long?

Sorry, but I'd just like to be cleary on how these are actually earned :huh:
Icon by IAmShannon. Thank you! c:
Midnight
Premium Member

Postby Jordan » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:35 am

Night wrote:How do you earn these achievements? I'm really not 100% clear. I assumed that it was just from being in the top 5 week/month/ever, but I've noticed that some avatars that were/are there haven't got these little achievements? Does an avatar have to stay in the top monthly for example, all month, or does it get a ribbon just for reaching it, no matter how long?

Sorry, but I'd just like to be cleary on how these are actually earned :huh:

It's fine!

These medals will be awarded at the end of each avatar's term.

When we say this, what we mean is it's term on the Monthly or Weekly "5". An avatar has to be on the monthly at the end of the month in order to earn a medal. We were able to award retroactive monthly medals because we have archives. Unfortunately, the weekly is much different and we have no way of tracking all of these.

The way that the weekly top works is that it goes from the point it was uploaded and has a 7 day period to have a chance to be on the weekly top 5. After 7 days have gone by since it's upload it will expire, and if it is on the weekly top when it expires it will earn a medal. The reason we do it this way is because occasionally an avatar will be kicked off the weekly 5 by another one that got more adores. We don't want to hand these out like candy so they are only being awarded at the end of the week.

I hope I explained that good enough for you to understand! Feel free to ask any other questions you may have!
Jordan
Premium Member

Postby Risque » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:09 am

Do avatars in the weekly 5 from the month of July get these medals as well? I see that some from July have, and some have not. I'm confused on the time frame of medal distribution.
Risque
Premium Member

Postby Jordan » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:19 am

Only if they were on the weekly when we added the Award System. If you could point me to one in particular I can probably explain why.
Jordan
Premium Member

Postby Risque » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:06 pm

I guess I was confused as to why my Moulin Rouge avatar got two medals, when it was in rotation over 2-3 weeks ago? But the new monthly rotation answers that question, I think. I'm assuming that because it's in this month's top rated, that it automatically gets a medal for the week's top rated AND that month's? Omg, I'm so confused. My brain. wat.
Risque
Premium Member

Postby Jordan » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:10 pm

Yes, when we changed it it brought the couple that shouldn't have expired yet back meaning that the other 3 from last month were uploaded before the 11th. ;)

Edit: Oh, and an avatar is probably going to hit the weekly top before it gets to the monthly top... I think it's impossible not to now?
Jordan
Premium Member

Postby Risque » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:29 pm

lol true. Okay, thanks! <3
Risque
Premium Member

Postby Midnight » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:55 pm

Ok, I'm still confused :A Is there a reason why my avatar (click) didn't get the badge for being the weekly? (I'm personally assuming it was because it was only there for like, two days xD)

Sorry, I'm just really slow when it comes to systems like these, and it causes havoc to my brain when the system's changed all of a sudden :cry:

Actually, there quite a few avatars of mine that have been in the weekly/monthly but don't have the awards, but I thought it was retroactive since other older avatars have them too.

Ughh, idk. It's almost 4AM and I've slept for three hours in the past three days ;_;
Icon by IAmShannon. Thank you! c:
Midnight
Premium Member

Postby Maja » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:49 am

Night, I think it is because your avatar was kicked out of the weekly top 5? The same would go for any avatar that got kicked out of the monthly too :/

Yeah, a lot of mine don't have the weekly medals, that's because weekly medals weren't awarded retroactively, while the monthly were.
Maja
Premium Member

Next

Return to Announcements